Vice President, Leasing
Neil Simon joined Blake Real Estate in February 2009, as Vice President of leasing with over 40 years of experience in the real estate industry. He is responsible for the leasing, sales and brokerage area of the firm, keeping Blake’s properties fully leased. His success in finding and closing transactions is directly related to his long term relationships with owners and brokers throughout the Washington DC metro area.
Neil began his career in commercial real estate as a property manager and leasing agent in 1968 at Shannon & Luchs Company. He joined The Carey Winston Company in 1973 and spent the next 25 years as the Executive Vice President and Principal, building a strong office leasing, industrial, and retail team of agents. The firm became one of the most successful and largest locally owned commercial real estate firms in the area during Neil’s tenure.
In 1998 he became president of Uniwest Commercial Realty, where he developed hundreds of thousands of square feet of major shopping centers, office buildings, apartments, and hotels. In 2009, Neil sold his interest and moved to Blake Real Estate.
Neil’s professional accreditation and awards include:
- Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Association (CREBA)-member since 1969
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)-member since 1980
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Tourette Syndrome Association, The Hope Connection for Cancer Support, Shady Grove Hospital Foundation
- Served on behalf of The American Heart Association, The National Cancer Society
- Chaired the Joe Theismann Celebrity Golf Tournament for the Tourette Syndrome Association
In his spare time, Neil enjoys travel and playing golf. He has always enjoyed sports, especially skiing, softball and basketball, but unfortunately, now only as a spectator. Neil now spends his summers at the beach and fishing with his children and grandchildren.